Diesel Z-cutters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jr.'s Lawncare, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Jr.'s Lawncare

Jr.'s Lawncare LawnSite Member

What are some top names for diesel Z-cutters?

2. T-Made

T-Made LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I run Toro Z's with Kubota Diesel. Excellent power , torque and fuel efficiency. A little too heavy in wet conditions or too big for small yards. If you have bigger properties--parks, estates, etc... where you mow for hours at a time the diesel mowers pay off. If your mainly residential I would stick with gas engines- less expensive up front and weighs less.

3. ramcat

ramcat LawnSite Member

john deere makes a great diesel model, the 997, i think it is the best selling diesel zero turn of all time if im not mistaken, but bad boy, scag, exmark, dixie chopper, hustler, walker, and ferris i know make them too

4. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

When did john deere get that title? I can count on one hand how many of them are used around here.

5. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

JD's 997 is great, the Toro with the Kabota is another good one.Hustler looks like they have an nice one, but haven't ever ran a hustler diesel.

6. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

7. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Although those 900s are a different class from the 997, still, the JD diesel is a great contender with any other ZTr on the market, once the 900 is out for a year, the same will be said after the dissatisfaction from some of the 800s.

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Am I seeing that right? Jr's been a member for over 3 years and his first post is asking what the top names are in diesel ztr's.

9. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

Why does that really matter? Maybe he reads alot... wth :weightlifter::waving:

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

So, whats your point? Maybe he would rather read than talk about something he knows nothing about?