Diesel Zero Turn Checklist Need Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greeninga, Mar 31, 2006.

1. greeninga

greeninga LawnSite Member
    from GA

I just bought a used Yazoo Kees Mega Max 34hp. I always have had gas ztrs, so I do not know much about diesel mowers. Could some of you guys give me the do and dont's about the up keep on the engine, etc. Thanks

M G

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sorrry for ya then. Take it back, QUICK if you can and get your money back.

3. greeninga

greeninga LawnSite Member
    from GA

I bought it for $5,300 with 163 hours on it. So I figure it was worth a shot. Actually I was told a received a great deal on it.

4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

but you bought a yazoo. regardless of price it was not a good deal.

5. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Who is the manufacturer of the engine? :usflag:

6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

It's a Daihatsu turbo-diesel...

7. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I have herd AWFUL thing about Yazoo but for that deal i would get it!!! I would use it as a back up mower if all else failed

8. allino

allino LawnSite Member

couldn't really tell you about your yazoo but with any diesel KEEP THE OIL CHANGED!

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

And that should have been a red flag....

As a previous owner, all I can really say is I agree with the others totally.
    The other ex-owners will agree also...
    You very likely bought some elses ex-headaces for $5,300 of your hard earned....

Anyways, the general idea of the diesel engine is less input from you.
    Less fuel and less regular maintenance.

All you'll need to do is just keep a check on the cooling system regularly, change the oil on schedule and check the air filter periodically (for that you may want to add an 'filter-minder' onto the assembly if it doesn't have one)

Good luck with the machine or good luck getting a refund.

10. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I owned a mega max they are good machines the dihatsu engine is excellent. The problem is the company and support to the Yazoo machine itself. If you have a good dealer that will help but the support to him will be the problem. I do not know who the distribator is for your area but that makes a diffrence and apparently Yazoo themselves is not good for support either. Good luck with your machine. The price was right.