diesel zero turns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by adamc6, Jul 7, 2002.

1. adamc6

adamc6 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know who makes diesel zero turns. If anyone has a diesel zero turn, how do they like it. Thanks.

Adam

2. gvandora

gvandora LawnSite Member

I know exmark and dixie chopper make them. The exmark has a diahatsu diesel and the dixie chopper a yanmar.

3. Wayward

Wayward LawnSite Member

I have two Grasshopper 428D's with the Kubota diesel engines. Lots of power and very easy on fuel. I also have a 92 Dodge pickup with the Cummins turbo diesel that has 260,000 miles on it. I love diesels.

4. Farmboy

Farmboy LawnSite Member

I got to drive a encore diesel I did not really like it. I then got to drive a BLADERUNNER diesel! Now that is a machine! Never drove a diesel exmark or dixie chopper.

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Grasshopper has been building diesel ZTR's longer than anyone I believe. I have two, a 428D and a 321D. Grasshopper uses Kubota diesels on all their diesel machines. Have tried the Dixie Chopper, and the Exmark. Both were very heavy compared to the Grasshoppers. I rank Grasshopper as the lightest, most quiet, and smoothest to operate. That is why I own 2 of them. The Dixie Chopper is not far behind, and the Exmark is a distant 3rd in my opinion. Bunton also has one, but it is VERY loud and rather underpowered. The new Kubota looks good, but have no experience with that machine.:)

6. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

Kubota makes a couple diesels, and from what i hear there not bad

7. theplantdoctor

theplantdoctor LawnSite Member

We run Walker Diesels here. It has a Kubota engine. I don't think I would ever buy a gasser, after running the diesels.

:)

Ken

8. adamc6

adamc6 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know what those walkers run in price? I was just at the site, and they look pretty good. thanks

Adam

9. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

i know the Gravely 260z has a diesel model.. don't count it out... Never priced one but wish I would have just to compare. It'd make the perfect mower for me...

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Depending on the options the Walker runs in the neighborhood of 13K. Of course it goes up from there.