diesel

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tomo, Oct 2, 2006.

1. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello, mower consultant Q is hustler looking into expanding the diesel range at some stage .Although i like the current line of gas/diesel a compact diesel best suited toyour 60-66 deck would be nice.28 kubota fits the bill. Or 900cc direct injection=good pwr/torqe with maybe 20%lower consumption than current generation probaly half fuel cost of gaser.Simple deck belt system to avoid most under rated shaft drive systems or expensive hyd deck systems.

thanks tomo
    ps; just dream'n of perfect mower 4 contractor

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We are looking at many options in the diesel mower design and model mix.
    Check back here after the Expo this weekend.... ;) :clapping: :laugh:

Pj

3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Your a dead set tease PJ!

Tomo, be a year till there here anyway!
    Before next season would be good though!

I like the idea of a shaft drive to deck so different with you there!

4. tomo

Hello, PJ how did u go at the expo?? Could u please explain further about diesel line up. thanks tomo

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We showed a new Yanmar 750cc vertical shaft v-twin diesel model Hustler Z with a 54" rear discharge deck.
    We also plan to offer the 54" side discharge with it.
    No pricing at this time, pictures to follow soon.

Pj

6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Is that the same engine as on the Dixon?

Its a shame its not larger and with the 60"deck, thats what most people would be interested in I would think.
    I suppose your limited by the available engine choices!

7. tomo

Hello pj, thanks 4 the reply sounds very interesting the yanmar 750cc, but unfortunately still not on the mark of approx 1000cc best suited to 60--66.If the yanmar was direct injection with torque levels abovecurrent 1000cc engines i may be interested. Is the install of the vert vtwin yanmar only the begining ,i can only hope the engine will be feed steroids and breed rapidly.The vtwin is it a new engine family or does it have heritage? [proven?]
    As u may have guessed i am in the market 4 a mower and hustler is a good product but incomplete range.
    Is this case i am forced to pick toro597d 60inch poor second but good points r compact ,well suited to 60/66, fair weight spec,good chassis/deck combo,second generation machine [most bugs have been soughted],very popular with contractors, large ozzy knowledge.Better trim than hustler [ in the 60 diesels ]
    IT misses on the following, the jury is still out on the engine only average all things considered [slightly under powered 4 heavy work ] No 66deck available .Cust support is slighlty better 4 hustler as toro classes diesel ztr as domestic unit sub catergory LCE.:hammerhead:
    MOST IMPORTANTLY HUSTLER APPEARS TO LISTEN TO CUST FEED BACK :waving: :waving: AND ACT !!!!
    I can appreciate both brands but iam writing this to at least give u my opinion .I am certain my thoughts would be similar to other contractors.
    THANKS TOMO

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I believe it is.