Diesel $$$$$$$$

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by DEEREBOY14, Nov 24, 2007.

1. DEEREBOY14

DEEREBOY14 LawnSite Member

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:WHATS WITH DIESEL GOING UP SO HIGH IN $$$$$$$$I MEAN COME ON

2. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Its called supply and demand. If they can get away with charging it and you buy it then they are going to keep high prices.

3. TINYTRACTORSERVICE

TINYTRACTORSERVICE LawnSite Member

right now its $3.69.9 here So_Ore.payup its just BS

4. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

That makes the $3.47 I paid today not so bad. That's just sad. I'm glad I only burn about a gallon an hour at 2300 RPMs on my tractor. Anything else would be a killer. I feel for you guys that run diesels all day everyday. It must be tough.

5. Keystone

Keystone LawnSite Member

That's the thing that kills me about supply and demand. If you take a look at diesel consumption which is an oil and diesel comes out of the refining first with a lot less processing it should always be cheaper. Years ago around GA it was cheaper to get a diesel because of the fuel prices being less than gas but that changed a few years back. Now diesel is always more expensive and not much more demand. CARB in California regulates all of our gas emmissions on trucks down to blowers but don't even have a standard for diesel passenger vehicles because there are not enough of them. So where is all of this supposed demand coming from on top of a cheaper fuel to produce?

6. think its high now, just wait till you get your license.

7. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

weather is cooling down....heating oil time which is the same stuff as diesel so like everyone else is saying supply and demand

8. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bend over and get use to it....you just have to charge for your services accordingly:hammerhead:

9. lawnman456

lawnman456 LawnSite Member
    from ct

low demand for diesel + low supply for diesel = high price of diesel

also there are new epa regulations so that also hasn't help. the price of a diesel engine went up because of this too

10. 04superduty

04superduty LawnSite Member

the new ULSD requires more refining and more additives to make up for the lost sulfur. that is on reason, the other is someone wants to get rich to buy a new jet.