1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Diesel's: How many commercial guy's run them?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by af73bn, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

Charlotte is my aunt, my dad is Roger Wolf if you know him. How long ago did she live their?

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Oh ok. They may still live there, but my parents moved from that house maybe 8 years ago.

Roger Wolf...what's he do for a living?

My wife's aunt and uncle used to hang out with Charlotte and Carl and her cousin went to dance school with Marie.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

he is retired, her house she has is like 5200 sq ft is that the one? Marie lives in their smaller house.

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, that's it...and yes, I think they have a guest house.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Diesel Dude

Diesel Dude LawnSite Member

I like the diesels much better than the gassers. They are higher initial cost but when you sell them you will make that back.

6. Middle Tennessee Lawn

Middle Tennessee Lawn LawnSite Member

I have used diesels for 30 years now and for length of life, low fuel consumption, torque/power and especially resale value they cannot be beat. Even my utv is a polaris ranger diesel it has a yanmar diesel in it. I have never had a problem with a kubota diesel engine. I also have john deere diesel in skid steers no problems. One great point is a diesel can sit six months you may loose a little cetane in fuel but will not matter unlike a gas piece that may be gummed up in 30 days or so
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Is start and stop a diesel engine bad???
    meaning for those small lawns.

8. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

no.... Just they are cold blooded and takes a couple min to get full power when they are cold.

9. Diesel Dude

Diesel Dude LawnSite Member

No worse than starting and stoping a gasser.

10. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

The reason I ask is because I keep reading post about it, the first time I heard I thought BS but after reading a lot of post I got that feeling because I have always been a fan of Diesel engines.. I want a 48" Diesel so bad!