Differance between 44" vs 52" Fastrack decks trim

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tonym, Apr 22, 2005.

1. tonym

tonym LawnSite Member
    from PA

Is the extra trim that you get from the 52 deck vs the 44 deck on the fastrak worth it to go with the larger size? Will it save me time with trimming around landscape beds or doesnt it really help?
    Thank you.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It absolutely will help.
    I personally hate running a weed eater, so I would buy the mower with the most overhang I can, just to reduce or eliminate the amount of trimming.

Pj

3. mike freeman

mike freeman LawnSite Member
    from DFW

I was going to buy the 44 but moved up to the 52 when I realized how little overhang the 44 had.

I think the 44 does a better job on very uneven yards, but mine is far from flat and I am getting a great cut with the 52. Save for some small corners, I can reach everything with my 52" deck, it is awesome.

Hope this info helps.

4. tonym

tonym LawnSite Member
    from PA

Thanks it helps, but not the pocket book.

5. tonym

tonym LawnSite Member
    from PA

I may need to stick with the mini fastrak for price reasons. How is the overhang on the 42" mini? Is it comperable to the overhang on the 52" fastrak, or is it like the 44" where it is non existing.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

There is a little trim on the 42" Mini FasTrak, I dont have the measurement here with me, I will get it posted tomorrow night.

Pj

7. tonym

tonym LawnSite Member
    from PA

Thats ok, I worked out a deal on the Fastrak 18 52 that I am happy with, I drove it today too. As soon as I have things worked out with my Walker I will get the 18 52 fastrak.

8. jceh1

jceh1 LawnSite Member

I am looking at a mini fastrak so I would be curious to know about the amount of overhang on the decks.
    Thanks

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your question is answered in your post asking this question.

Pj