Difference between Mini Z and Super Mini Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Gizmo_019, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Gizmo_019

Gizmo_019 LawnSite Member

I forgot to ask the dealer when I went the other day, but what is the difference bewteen the Mini Z and Super Mini Z. I know the Super goes faster and has a suspention seat but is that it? I know the Super is about $1,000 more than the regular Mini. If I went with just a Mini, could I get a suspention seat on it? Thx.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The differences are...
    Larger pumps, larger wheel motors, 13 mph ground speed, suspension seat and hydro coolers with electric fan.

Pj

3. Gizmo_019

Thx man. I personally cannot justify that $1,000 for the Super right now. I can live with the slower speed and not as big hydros and all. But the seat deal is getting to me. Can you get a suspention seat for a Mini?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes you can purchase a suspension seat, it has a price of almost $500.00 though, and you would have to find a use for your old seat unless your dealer works something out for you.

Pj

5. Gizmo_019

$500! I could almost buy a leather big truck air ride seat for that! When I demo, if the ride is that bad with a regular I might spend it though, it might not be, never know. Thx for your help Pj

6. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

If you're cutting lawns daily the seat will pay for itself in a hurry! It makes a HUGE difference in daily use.

If you try the Super MiniZ you'll buy it. Our SuperMiniZ is batting 100%. No one who's demoed the unit has bought anything else in our shop. I believe it's the best mower in my shop, and Hustler's not my only line. It's speed and smooth operation with the light weight make it unbelievable.

I used the Hustler's in my lawncare operation before I opened my shop so I speak with experience as a user.

7. Gizmo_019

Gautreaux thx for the advise. I want to get back to the dealer this week, but I don't know if I will be able too, he told me he would probably have both a Mini and Super Mini for me to demo by the 22nd or 23rd. I mow pretty much every afternoon after school and put in about 5 to 12 hours on Saturdays depending on the week. Hope to cut my time with the Zturn and add about 5 accounts next year. So the susp. seat would probably be well worth it.

8. Husqman

Husqman LawnSite Member

Does'nt the super mini also have a deeper deck than them the reg. mini?

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No.
    The Mini Z and Super Mini Z have the same exact deck.
    The full frame Hustler Z and Super Z have deeper decks.

Pj