1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

difference between Toro proline and exmark metro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shm, Aug 22, 2003.

1. shm

shm LawnSite Member

hey all - got some much better prices on the metros thanks to some suggestions from fellow posters...have a question...is the Toro proline gear driven 48 inch deck mower the same as the exmark version?...the dealer has a special on the Toro -$2400...15 Hp Kawa- w/pistol grips
    exmark metro 15 Kawa 48 inch $2470 with pistol $2670 with ecs
    exmark metro 15 Kawa 36 inch $2220 with p $2400 w/ ecs

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Decks are more solid for starters. There are more pros to the X, but I can't think of them now, just trust me. lol;)
  3. Lance L

Lance L LawnSite Senior Member

better decks on exmarks and you will like the ecs WAY more than the pistol grips on the toro. i would go with a 21" proline with the 2 cyc suzuki motor over the exmark but that is the only toro equipment i would have..
  4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

From what I know is that Toro owns Exmark

Toro put the Exmark deck on their proline

from AL

The fiXed deck Toros are identical to the eXmark fiXed. The Decks differ in the floating.

In a Belt-fiXed I would go w/Toro w/T-Bar over the eXmark w/pistols or ECS.
  6. turtle

turtle LawnSite Member

I stopped at a dealer in my area. They have walkbehinds with both Toro Proline and Exmark Metro decals. The dealer said they are going to start coming that way.
  7. shm

shm LawnSite Member

exmark and Toro decals on the same mower?...or do you mean same build (2 separate mowers) just a different sticker?
  8. turtle

turtle LawnSite Member

Both stickers on the same machine. I saw it at Butler Equipment in West Hartford.
  9. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats cheaper than what i payed for my 48" 14 kaw tbar 3 years ago. From what i can tell, the fixed decks are both the same.
  10. shm

shm LawnSite Member

interesting that they are being shipped with both stickers on them.....my decision is down to the toro 48inch with pistol 15 kawa for $2400 and the exmark version with ecs for $2500...i would buy the exmark but the dealer i currently use is a toro dealer...i might get a better trade in deal...we'll see

thanks for the info