difference in blade "lifts"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmasterswilson, Jun 22, 2010.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I run a hustler in the spring/summer and switch over to a walker for leaves. what is the best lift type if I am just side discharging? Will it make a difference? What site is the best to find blades for Hustlers and other mowers?

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Lift higth depends on your engin HP. Most standard blades have .800" of lift, and go up to 1.5" of lift. What is your HP and deck size? I have had good service from MowMore.com...............

3. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

running a 25 hp and 54 in deck. hustler xr-7. i understand the lift. I'm currently running high lift blades and didn't know if a different lift would cut better if i'm only side discharging. Would a standard hi lift blade be best or would something else work better?

4. JohnBanks

JohnBanks LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

hustler standard high lift are bull, the are maybe at best medium high. I am looking for something for more lift as we speak. My 737 wavy Hi-Lift blades were so much better...

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Wow John???

Aside from the old Super High lifts (like a billboard) from SCAG that took a LOT of power, the new High Lift Fusions for at least the 60" Hustler are VERY impressive for lift hieght, and length. Your 31 has the power to spin them too. My 28 EFI struggles with them, but it does make the deck cut somewhat decently.

6. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

Ok maybe i should clarify something. Hi-lift blades are called Hi-Lift for a reason. They create more suction and life the blades of grass up before they cut the grass, this leaves a cleaner cut. Hi-Lift blades also discharge better

7. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have a part number for the high lift fusions?

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

For what mower? What size? Solid foil or notched? Oregon has a website with lookup numbers on it.

9. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I know knowing about hustled mosses but with exmark i like standard or low lift blades for leaves. Most of the time we've gone over dry leaves so we never needed high lift blades for them and we had little to no blow out. I've ordered blades from j-thomas.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Whoops i meant hustler mowers. Spell check on my phone put mosses. LoL
    Posted via Mobile Device