Difference in Edgers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TNGrassCutter, Apr 28, 2011.

1. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the difference in these edgers, the one that curves down and the one that curves up? Which one would you buy or would you buy a straight shaft?

PE280-1.jpg

99944200470sm.jpg

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

That is just the way the picture looks, they both curve the same witch is sideways [left to right]

3. GravyTrain

GravyTrain LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with TurfDawg, I think it's just the angle of the picture. For me, I've run a curved shaft edger since day 1 and see no reason to spend the extra on a straight shaft. For trimmers though, I'll never own a curved shaft.

4. wvaughn7

wvaughn7 LawnSite Member

The curved shaft normally spin the edger blade approximately twice the speed of a straight shaft. Personally the curved shaft works much better once the edge is established, and I do not see the point in buying the straight shaft just to define the edge for the first time. If you are wanting something for all around edging go with the curved shaft. If you are needing torque stay with a straight shaft one.

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

FWIW I bought the PAS 265 with the following: blade edger, string trimmer, brush blade, hedge trimmer. It just helps having back up string trimmer etc. more bases covered.

6. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I'm looking at for an edger a back up trimmer and maybe the pole saw later.
    Posted via Mobile Device