Difference

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by clewis, Jul 21, 2003.

1. clewis

clewis LawnSite Member

eXmark:

Could you please explain the difference between the Laser Z and a Laser HP? Other then deck size (i.e. Laser Z 60" vs HP of 52") and engines, there doesn't seem to be to much of a difference. Or at least a difference that I would notice.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Chuck

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Chuck,

The biggest difference is the vertical shaft (Lazer HP) vs the horizontal shaft (Lazer Z). The Lazer Z uses a Mule drive belt or 90 degree belt to transfer power from the engine to the mower deck. The Lazer HP uses a straight belt.

The Lazer went into production several years before the Lazer HP. When the Lazer HP came out it was first offered in 44" and a 48" cutting widths. This made the machine much narrower. To maintain the handling characteristics and low center of gravity that had made the Lazer so successful we utilized the lower profile vertical shaft engine. A few years later the 52" Lazer HP came to market. Due to the narrower track associated with the HP chassis it had better trimming capabilities than the Lazer Z 52".

The Lazer Z also uses the UltraCut deck with has different reinforcements and is 1/2" deeper than the TriVantage deck.

Both machines perform well. You may want to contact your dealer for a demo to see which one you prefer.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thanks

Terry

3. clewis

clewis LawnSite Member

Terry,

Thanks for the clarification. I have two more quick questions when you get a chance. First, does the eXmark financing special (i.e. 0 Interest until March 04) apply to all eXmark machines or just the Laser HP?

I noticed a pop-up add on your web site that indicated "Save Big on Laser HP and Laser XP Diesel." I wasn't sure if this was related or not. If not, is there a special year end clearance going on?

Secondly, any idea what the average retail of a Laser HP 52" with a 23HP KAW would run?

As you can probably tell, I'm planning on buying one in the next two weeks. Since it will only be used on my property (3 acres) I could justify moving up a Laser Z. Any opinions or last minute recommendations?

Thanks again.
    Chuck

4. eXmark

Chuck,

The Lazer HP is an awesome machine.

It's no secret I really like the 52" Lazer HP. It trims well, is quick, comfortable and 52" cut while not as wide as the big boys will knock out a lot of grass in a short amount of time. List price is around $7900 however your dealer should be able to provide you with actual retail pricing.

To my knowledge the finance program you referenced can be used on any Exmark mower with a retail price over $2500. The finance company will have all the details.

Thanks

Terry

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

just to let you know how popular the HP is, i've never personally seen a full size 52", just 60's and a few 72's.

i have an HP with that same motor and love it, GET the mulch kit, you'll love it too!

6. clewis

clewis LawnSite Member

Terry,

Just got off the phone with my local dealer and they are offering $400 off on the HP models, however the dealer didn't know if this was offered instead off the mulching kit or striping kit. Do you have any idea?

Mike - Thanks for the information. Hopefully I will have my new HP this weekend.

Chuck

7. eXmark

Chuck,

I just talked to the dealer and he's going to raise the price a little so we can afford to give you the mulch kit or the roller................

Just kidding. The dealer and the distributor for the region establish the retail price. If the distributor or dealer has a price incentive at this time as well I'd take advantage of it before either promotion ends.

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Thanks

Terry

8. clewis

clewis LawnSite Member

Terry,

Just received my new Laser HP today. All I can say is awesome!!!! My lines were a bit sloppy, but that will change in time.

Thanks
    Chuck