Different Approach

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by apblue, Jan 16, 2006.

1. apblue

apblue LawnSite Member

Hey everyone my brother has his own small landscaping business and wanted me to design a website for him. I help him out on jobs sometimes and worked doing this kind of stuff at a church a couple years back so I respect the hard work all you guys put in. I'm designing a site for him and just want some feedback on how it looks in different browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, Netscape, etc) and screen resolutions, any suggestions you may have are also welcome. Keep in mind that this site isn't completed and is really just up for testing purposes.

http://www.apblue.com/freshstart

oh and this will probably come up but he hasn't set up a web server yet but has a .com domain, so its hosted on mine just to be able to show to him

2. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

It is a cute concept. I really like the gnomes...big fan of the gnomes! Your objects should highlight when you mouse over them, so people will know which objects are links. I think the layout could be done a little better, but its just for testing purposes. It just makes me dizzy looking at it. Also when you mouse over, it should tell you where you are going, instead of the web page url.

3. apblue

apblue LawnSite Member

Exactly what I was going to do although I didn't think of it being highlighted, thats a good idea. I'm working on the flash portion of it right now which is a lot better because of the interactions. As far as it making you dizzy, it started out a lot simpler but he kept wanting more objects added to it much to my dislike. I'm working on a couple other clients sites so i've fallen a little behind. Thanks for the comments, how did it look on your screen resolution and browser?

4. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

All of that looked fine. I use opera and my res is 1024 x 768.