Different Color.

Discussion in 'Gizmow' started by nathannc, Jan 26, 2007.

1. nathannc

nathannc LawnSite Member

I like the idea of automotive type steering and hope your company is successful so that the idea catches on. However, I would seriously suggest offering the machine in a different color. I have no doubt you will be getting some customer resistance with that hue of green despite technical superiority. And, like it or not, style sells as most of the ZT manufacturers can tell you such as Scag and Bad Boy Mowers. Please consider this Jeff.

2. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

I posted this same type of comment more than 2 months ago. No response from them at all. Either they do not read this site anymore or they do not care. You would at least think that a sponser would reply.

3. nathannc

nathannc LawnSite Member

Yeah, and it is too bad. The mower looks very interesting but, none the less, it is a rather unattractive unit and looks do count! I doubt that any market research was done in picking that color. My customers would want me to put a paper bag on it before mowing. And resell, forget about it. If it is unattractive now, how will it look with a 1000 hrs. Suck it up Jeff and change the color. Obviously your team has great engineering skills. That doesn't necessarily translate into style or marketing acumen. We can't be perfect.

4. GIZMOW

GIZMOW LawnSite Member

Dear David and Nathan,

Lawnsite notifies me when someone has posted a message to GIZMOW. For some reason, I did not receive David's message. I personally respond to every message. I have contacted Lawnsite to determine if there is a problem. I am sorry you are not pleased with our color choice. We tried to select a unique color that would differentiate our unit from the dozens or other commercial units currently offered. We have had very little negative feedback. Most folks are more impressed in the capabilities of our unit and show little interest in the color. It looks much better in person than in photographs!!

5. nathannc

nathannc LawnSite Member

I appreciate your response Jeff. Hopefully others will take the initiative to reaffirm what we already know and you will see the need to make the looks of your machine equal to its engineering excellence. My sincerest wishes for success.

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i like the idea of the wheel for the new guy on the crew the color isnt bad i like green

7. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

Jeff,

You are getting some market research here for free.

If you do not think we know what we are talking about, test it out with a independant focus group.

Glad you are responding,

David

8. corey1977

corey1977 LawnSite Senior Member
    from maine

:hammerhead: hi jeff any plans for a dealer in the north east I live in maine?

9. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

I personally like the color. It seems that people get used to certain colors and sometimes resist change. I'll bet that everyone laughed at the first person who painted their barn red and look as you drive around and see if you find barns painted green or orange. I don't think the color green has hurt kawasaki any! I agree you need to be different from the competition. Quality, features and COLOR. It's called branding. Once you establish your brand image, what ever you call it or color it will be accepted. STICK WITH IT.

The best advice I could give is to get more dealers asap. I would consider one this month when I buy my new ztr If their was a local dealer.
    There are a lot of great commercial products out there and from market to market the "best" mower is dictated by dealer availabilty. So the more dealers = more people saying they are good = national branding
    PRODUCT DOES HAVE TO BE QUALITY
    That is if you have the facilities and /or manpower to keep quality and production up.
    Thanks, my .02

10. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN