1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

different day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by logan, Sep 13, 2005.

1. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

Has anyone ever told you that their yard looked like crap because you mowed it on tuesday and they must have it mowed on friday now after 2 years of mowing. Or somthing like that? i told them that I am in that area of town only once a week and I could not come all the way back for just your lawn. I think that she is crazy. I mean it's been 2 years. Anyway, I was just venting and I believe that I will be finding a replacement lawn very soon.
  2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, some people will just "tolerate" their early week mowing day thinking that maybe you will just magically be able to read their mind and know that they really wanted it done later in the week. Been there, done that. Usually by the end of each season, or early before the next, I get a request or 2 for moving days like that. My towm is pretty small, but if they are too far east or west, tough luck. Center of town I'm in and around all the time and things can be worked out usually...
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Simple. I tell people the later in the week you want your lawn cut, the greater the chance it might not happen. Period
  4. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

I have seen were some charge extra for Thursday or Friday mowing's. I am planning on doing the same. Letting the customer know that this is a premium mow day and there will be a 2$ to 5$ charge depending on location for moving it to that day.
  5. careco

careco LawnSite Member

Sounds like one of my old customers ! Do you live in Citrus County Florida ? :blob3: Did her on Wednesday and she wanted on Friday ! Had for 5 years !