Different Engine - Redmax?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ealbertson, Nov 4, 2003.

1. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

I was told that Redmax is using a different engine on the 7000 series. Do you know if this is true and if so is the new engine as good as the old one? They said it was in the last year or two.

Thanks,

Ed

2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Zenoah engines are in all Redmax.

They have "strato-charged" engines in many new models.

I just hope they leave the 62cc powerhouse alone.

The Zenoah G62 is one of the most awesome Radio Control giant scale engines.

I wish Redmax would use the 2-cylinder GT-80 80cc twin airplane engine in the blower: That would be cool!!

3. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

The 7000 and the 7001 has the same engine. A non Stratocharged 62cc engine. AN AWSOME BLOWER!!!!! I'm sure in time they will Stratocharge this engine as they are most all of their units........due to epa and CARB standards.

4. bpurser154

bpurser154 LawnSite Member

The 7001 has a slight improvement in engine power over the 7000. It's in carburetion. Up ontil now the government has not mandated any changes in the emissions of the 7000 or the 7001.
    Apparently, the 62cc engine has been exempt. However, I am certain that will change. At that time Komatsu-Zenoah will prabably strato charge the engine. When this time arrives, I cannot believe they will lose any power. Check their BCZ2400 trimmer out. It is a strato-charged engine and the power is unbelieveable, while passing all the government tests.

5. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

I own a 7000 and i love it! I have seen the strato charged models and i think they are garbage. No power! (only the blowers, i havent seen the trimmers yet)

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I think this is the engine that is going to be in the EB 8000 this fall. If rumors are true.