different hrly rates for different services?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 14, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i been thinking, and here is what i got. per man hour w/trimmer, or blower= $75 per hr minimum, with a 1 hr minimum. basic labor w/no power tools (like weeding beds, etc)- $60 per man hr minimum, with a one hr minimum. minimum dump fee, that's one stick or a truckload-$90. i pay $35 per load, and it's about a 35 minute round trip. sound ok?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

You better move up by me bobby to pull those numbers IMO...but yes, have different hourly rates depending on the work.
  3. wayne volz

wayne volz LawnSite Member

I guess if you know your cost these fees will be okay. Have you implemented a minimum cost per lawn? :waving:
  4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't think you did the hourly thing. As a matter of fact, were you not on here a couple of months ago bashing people for the "charging by the hour" mentality? Why the sudden change of heart?
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i'm getting alot of odd type jobs that are very difficult to accurately estimate. entire makeovers thru the real estate office, big trimming jobs, etc. i think there are some that i will have to quote hrly rates to
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Great post, someone was thinking today.
  7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I see you are coming to the back of the bus......
  8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You sure about that? ;)
  9. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

DR. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde Professor BG & the student. This guy's all over the map.
  10. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

On all clean up work I charge more. Hedge trimming and the like or over grown grass, or lifting palms. $60/ hour is not gonna cut it. The people know they won't/can't do it so I say charge them for it.

My rates vary, but my dump fee is $75 and we dump for free. 16x7 open trailer. Rarely need more than one trip. If I think I might, then they get the jumbo dump fee. $150. I get around 50% of my bids so I am doing ok.

Question is how do you remove the debris from the trailer. Is that time accounted for or have you mastered the quick unload?