1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Different Leave rates

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dannyc33, Sep 26, 2003.

1. dannyc33

dannyc33 LawnSite Member
    from indy

I just got an 04 Lazer Z with an ultra vac, and was wondering what type of billing structure I should use with leaf removal. I alreading bill out at $60-65/hour with my 60" Super Z.
    Last year I charged about $35/ with blowing and tarps and with a wb w/ a bag.
    I will use all tree ways on various accouts but was wondering what the different rate fo each should be. ie, Ultra Vac= $x/hr, WB=$X/hr, and Backpack w/ tarp=$X/hr

Also I don't use a debris loader to get the leaves into the leaf box, which is only a small problem for the trapping method.

So waht do you guys think?

2. dannyc33

dannyc33 LawnSite Member
    from indy

common 95 views any no reply!!
    Won't anyone help me out?!
  3. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I'll try my best, normally I charge 35 per man hour for leaves,

Here's how I price it

35 per man hour

Blow leaves out of flower beds, back pack blowers, one guy is using a push blower, then when we get a big pile of leaves we use the z to push'em into the woods or to the curb.

I charge my z as another employee
    back pack blowers $15 per hour
    push blower $25

all this prices are additional to the 35 per man hour.

Normally I try to get $200-250 per hour with 3 guys and equipment, and this method is the closest I can get to it.

Normally in this area people wants a price before you star the work, the hourly rate doesn't mean anything to them, if you tell'em that you're going to charge 35 per man hour they'll think is outrageous, but if you tell'em is going to cost'em 300 for the job, they think is fair, and you know is going to take you between 1 to 1 1/4 hours.

I've had people tell me, hey you guys make a pretty good hourly rate, geez it took you less than an hour and you're chargin me $250? I always try to reply nicely like, you know if you want next time I can charge you 15 per man hour, using nothing but rakes, but you have to pay for my workers comp, ins, SS and medicaid.
    If they call next year I always raise the price.