Different Pressure Washers

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by GreenGiant94, Jan 29, 2011.

1. GreenGiant94

GreenGiant94 LawnSite Senior Member

2. GunnPropertyServices

GunnPropertyServices LawnSite Senior Member

if those are your only 2 choices i would go rigid, its has a pretty common pump that can be re built when needed. i dont think you would need a buffer tank for either of these, if hooked up to a good water supply. i have a 4 GPM and have never had a problem, just make sure the water is always on when the engine is running

3. Cajun Cleanin'

Cajun Cleanin' LawnSite Member

Home depot gives you a local place to take it when it breaks down.That price is high.Check out watercannon.com or pressuretek.com.Their machines come on aluminum fraes and won't rust apart like that ridgid and they run cooler and have the option of getting an unloader with a relief that will return the water back to the inlet side which gives you a little more protection from burning the pump up.

4. GreenGiant94

Sounds good, thanks.

5. GreenGiant94

On the Ridged, I didnt see a pressure control knob. Can the psi still be adjusted? With a wrench or something?

6. GunnPropertyServices

GunnPropertyServices LawnSite Senior Member

it doesnt look like it has a pressure regulator and i dont think it can be adjusted with any kinda wrench

7. GreenGiant94

Alright thanks for the help!

8. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are going to spend that much I would find a local dealer that sold BE or one of the other commercial brands.

9. FCPWLLC

FCPWLLC LawnSite Senior Member

The proper way to adjust pressure on any pressure washer is to use a variety of tip sizes. To lower pressure, you use larger oriffice tips. Bigger opening, less pressure etc.. The unloader adjustments should only be done when dialing in a machines bypass.

10. GreenGiant94

Yeah i think thats what im going to do. Im now thinking i'll get a northstar with a honda engine and i think it has a comet pump. Its right around $1000 so its not that much more and it should last longer. 4000psi and 3.5gpm. Thanks