Different prices for almost million dollar homes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grandview (2006), Jan 22, 2013.

1. krzys555

krzys555 LawnSite Member

there is another view to this though.
    and yes i totally agree with you on your point
    if contractor A charges the same thing for you and your neighbor.
    and you make more money then your neighbor.
    who is more likely to pay for additional services such as fertilization, ect. (rich person)
    who is more likely to complain about price. (poor person)
    we charge the same thing no matter what. the same promotions are offered to everyone. the wealthier seem to buy more from us. promotion or not.

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Well the last house I posted the brown with the nice green lawn,that's Warren Buffet's house. So should you charge more?

3. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

talk about location....that white house you posted would go for 250-300 max where I live.

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Who's wareen buffet (1930):confused:

5. krzys555

krzys555 LawnSite Member

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

there are smaller houses here that have more land and they cost more than a bigger house on a smaller lot. land is a huge part of the cost of a house. 6 acres is alot more than 1/2 acre when it comes to price.

i don't base what i charge on how much the people make, or where they work, or how big their house is. i base it on the amount of grass that has to be cut. 6 acres i'm gonna charge around $250 a cut and the 1/2 acre would be more like $40-$45 a cut.

7. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here.. I wouldn't charge someone more money just because they got it. Now i love having these customers, like someone else mentioned they always have extra work for you. Like trimming, mulching, snow blowing, and usally tip good around the holidays..

8. dieselfuel

dieselfuel LawnSite Member

Correct. But the additional services would be offered to the poor person at the exact same rate they are offered to the rich person.

My costs are the same to do work for a rich person as they are for a poor person.

9. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

It's been my experience that people with more money will be more likely to complain about prices than people with less money. Being "tight" is one of the reasons they have more money.

10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i always find that annoying as heck too :laugh:

i'm like if you got all this money why such a fuss over $5-$10?...yet they'll go out to eat dinner and pay $50 for a meal and pay for other people's meals that go with them on top of that? it's just rediculous :laugh: