Different Prices

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DFREAMGREEN, Jan 7, 2013.

1. DFREAMGREEN

DFREAMGREEN LawnSite Member

just wondering the different in prices between the Northern Guys and the southern guys, Just guessing that everybody is pricing by the square foot

2. Joey waid

Joey waid LawnSite Member

I quote mainly on time. I have yards that have vast open areas and some that have trees and beds everywhere, it takes a lot of time to go around and trim.

3. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

I quote by sgft. If it's easy and wide open I may knock a small % off and if its got lots of obstacles etc I may add a small% for difficulty.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

For Lawn care I charge by the thousand square feet, by the acre, and often by the hour since I know how much I can "spend" in an hour and what I expect to generate and it is comparable to a straight up square footage price.

For Tree care I have several standard levels of pricing for residentials, in other words your basic 75-125-175-225 dollar apps. For commercial tree care prices are basically an hourly rate. Pricing tree care is a lot more challenging than lawn care.

For seeding and aeration It's a combination of an hourly rate and square footage.

Pricing a service consists of two things and two things only.

What it costs you and what you expect to make. Period. It doesn't matter how you do it.

Oh. I forgot to mention I charge a premium for anyone on a dirt road. Armor All is expensive and washing my rig takes a good hour and I don't do dirt roads on rainy days. :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013