Different sales pitch...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, May 21, 2002.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Was looking through the Landscape ads in the paper today. Saw an odd ad in there. "Lawn cutting/fertilizing. Quality work. We sharpen our blades every 8 hours, guaranteed".

Then just a phone number. Different.

2. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Most of us should be sharpening at least every 8 hours. We carry a metal file in the truck and take burs of blades frequently during the day. This is for both our sake and the customers.

3. I guess you can test lots of different ad copy to find winner. Sometimes what might seem obvious or a given part of the service to us might get someone calls. Watch and see how long the ad stays.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This sort of reminds me of the old TG/CL slogn. "We guarantee a greener, thicker lawn." When you think of it, that's really not a hard guarantee to back up, since ANY amount of fertilizer will do that. Remember, they didn't say greener and thicker than WHAT. They just say greener and thicker. As I think about it, in all actuality, probably what they SHOULD have said was a somewhat green but thinner lawn - guaranteed.:rolleyes:

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Robert, I'm aware that it's a good idea to sharpen blades frequently. I posted it because I thought it was an odd thing to put in an ad as a sales pitch.

6. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Gogetter, Your post was enjoyed. The ad will likely do well. Never read that pitch before.

Heres one that I had success with years ago: Picky customers wanted for mutual lawncare agreement. Worked well.