Digg Solar Install

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by BrandonV, May 9, 2008.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Well finanally got this little project done. We installed around 40 B&B trees along w/ 2 90" white oaks we brought in w/ the spade. Anways it's a reforestation job and in a remote are w/ no power. Developer got us a water connection, but I saved him some $$ w/ the power. Bought these digg LEIT2 products and I am so far very happy w/ them. The remote (used to program) was quite easy to use and the solenoid adapters worked like a champ. (didn't use digg valve) took about 30min for the panel to charge up for the first programming.

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

No flow-control valve?

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Picky, picky, picky. I've looked at that product for years, seemed right.
    Let us know how it works through the season (except down time to replace the bonnet). :rolleyes:

4. BrandonV

you know honestly, I don't mess w/ drip much. much to low end and un-reliable for my taste. This is a kind of "throw away system" that will probably not be used after this summer, budget was an issue and this is probably the 3rd drip setup I've installed in the last 3 years, if I ever have the need to a permanent drip system, believe me I'll be asking you guys what to use, I'm not familiar w/ many of the products, except that rotor keep mumbling something about ¿"net-a-film"? when he was napping.

5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

What happens if a mower runs over the solar panel. Will it break? If it breaks, will it stop functioning. Will the plant material die then?

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

"Doctor. STAT. ward three psycho thinks he's a irrigator."

7. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

How does the cost compare to just using a Hunter SVC? (Which in my experience never runs battery down in a season.)

I would think dirt and debris over that photovoltaic cell could be a problem.

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I was thinking the same on the SVC. I have a handful of them out there that work fine. and one community project that has probably 20.

9. BrandonV

this isn't in the turf and if it was ( I don't out valves in turf) I think it might be sturdy enough to take the hit. It is pretty stout. The do make a stake mounted one if it is going in an area where that would be a concern.

10. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Coooooooooool