digging pictures

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by P.Services, Sep 30, 2008.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

a few pics from today. the truck got stuck last night, it had just started to rain so it was slick as shat and my 4x4 doesnt work. the 321 isnt a bad machine, moves alot of dirt now that i put a much bigger bucket on it, it gets kinda tippy but nothing much. the dirt out in the middle is going to be a pain in the a$$ to bail out 3 or 4 times.
    i like the little lcd screen in the cat, adds a touch of color :laugh

it seems so small but the hissing from the cat controls gets on my dang nerves!!! however i do like the low growl of the engine, its sounds so much better than dads pc200.

PICT0528.jpg

PICT0529.jpg

PICT0533.jpg

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

PICT0532.jpg

PICT0534.jpg

PICT0535.jpg

3. bobcatuser

bobcatuser LawnSite Senior Member

So what kind of work are you doing with the CAT?

4. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

He's pond diggin.

So when you gonna trade that POS Dodge in on a real truck like a Ford, Picasso?

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Looking at the zero tail swing makes it look really similar to a feller buncher with a bucket on it.. So are you just going to stock pile the dirt some where and then haul it off? what did you finally decide to do?

6. CAT powered

I think the zero tail swing looks pretty cool. Being more compact like that makes it look more built-up and tough in my opinion.

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I really like the zero tail large excavators. I put many hours on a CASE 225 and I would really like to own one. The only issue with them is that they are heavy to haul around. The cab is not as roomy as a conv. machine but not having to worry about where your tail is priceless, especially on demo jobs.

Good thing thats not meant to be a basement. A little rough, but I am sure your just trying to get the material hogged out.

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

ZTS excavators are a little different, operating wise, than conventional tail. In comparison to a 320, the 321 is substantially heavier, peformance wise the two are practically identical and that's the way the 321's are designed. They will lift the same loads and drag the same buckets as a 320. It takes a little getting used to with these ZTS machines, usually not more than half hour to get acquainted with a little different weight distrubution. ZTS machines make below average operators look like idiots. If you're not smooth with a ZTS machine, it shows easily.

I see dozer tracks out there, something you're not telling us?

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I love the new D series Pilot controls, now they have the new proportional control packages in them for thumbs and grapples.

10. CAT powered

Picasso what've you been backing into with that Dodge? The tailgate is just one big dent.