Digital Astronomic Timer

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Aug 5, 2010.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Looking for a 'new' digital astronomic timer.

1: Aube (honeywell) has discontinued the Ti035 model

2: Aube has replaced it with the Ti071, with some enhanced features. However in early testing the time is not retaining its programming during power outs. They claim it will last 4 hours but some say it does not, causing time re-set headaches. All of the other programming is stored on e-prom so it is not an issue.

3: Intermatic is not an option as they have battery life issues and cold weather issues.

4: There are a couple of others on the market but they only offer sundown to sunup, or sundown with countdown to off functions. We need the ability to program a pre-set off time.

Does anyone know of another line of quality Digital Astronomic Timers?

2. RLI Electric

RLI Electric LawnSite Senior Member

Are you looking primarily for in transformer devices or is an wall box device ok? I have used the Aube Ti034 (I think) a lot.

3. emby

emby LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Thanks Bob. The Ti034 is a possibility, but is 3 way capable and has some limitations on loading (minimum 40w load and max 500W) I have used it in the past but the Ti035 is/was a better choice for our applications.

5. Mayor_tx

Mayor_tx LawnSite Member
    from Austin

6. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Looks interesting... not a modular unit that would fit into a wall switch or modular control bay, but might have possibilities.

I wish they would provide full specifications though. It is a count-down to off timer or can you pre-set your exact off time. How is the location fixed? Lat and long. or zones or?

7. Mayor_tx

Mayor_tx LawnSite Member
    from Austin

It does use lat & long, then you set the off time by either the sunrise time or a specified time. OF course it also adjusts for day light savings.

8. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I use the ControlScape timer and it seems to work quite well.

9. ControlScape

ControlScape LawnSite Member

For those of you who may not know.... ControlScape now makes the AstroTimer. This is a stand alone 15 amp astronomical relay timer. It has two sets of timers, 10 year lithium battery..... and so on.

10. Tim R.

Tim R. LawnSite Member

Good controller. I use it all the time.