Digital Camera

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by wattsup, Jan 14, 2003.

1. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

Going to buy a digital camera soon, but need some advice. I am going to use it primarily for taking photos of jobs and occasionally posting them on LS. Does anyone have a recomendation on a camera. I am illiterate about cameras. I tried to do some research, but it was all too complicated to get a full understanding. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

whatever you get , consider rechargeble batteries. they eat up the power quick.
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Just remember one get what you pay for. I think this is especially true for this sort of product.

4. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

Olympus optical zoom... real clear pictures and is awesome..
  5. williamslawn

williamslawn LawnSite Member
    from SC

6. pilotcoplawnboy

pilotcoplawnboy LawnSite Member

7. jkkalbers

jkkalbers LawnSite Member

if you're just going to use it on LS you don't need very high megapixels, 2 MP would probably be fine. The more MP the more expensive. But if you plan on printing pictures get at least a 3 MP.
    I use a sony cybershot 3.2 MP it costs around $400 though. There are many options for picture set-up and you can even take video.
  8. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Kodak 3.1 MP the camera takes good pictures but is a little low on features. The dock thing is to die for. Rechargeable batteries and no cables to swap back and forth.
  9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

My mom is a picture taking fanatic. She went through about 6 different cameras before settling with this camera mentioned.

10. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

As others have stated, 3.0 mega-pixels or more will yield you pretty good photos. I'm pretty ignorant in this field and just went with the recomendation of the guys selling the product. Mine has 3.3 mega-pixels and seems to take pretty good pictures. I dunno, they look o.k to me. It ran me about $600 or so.