digital FM and AM earmuffs. Are there any

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by AuburnGuy, Sep 18, 2005.

1. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I can only find digital FM earmuffs, but not AM. Do any of you guys have any AM and FM before i have to buy the peltor worktunes.

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Try silencio.

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

4. HB Lawn

HB Lawn LawnSite Member

I have two pair that I got at my local Home Depot. Somewhere around $40.
    AM/FM. Very nice and great to have.

5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the same set as fga, paid like $45 for them. I have another set of peltors, they look a little funny because they are bright yellow and are bigger, but they work better IMO, paid about $90 for them.

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Trying to pick up the EIB network?

My truck only has a AM radio, so all I get is talk radio inbetween jobs. One day I'll get a nice truck with a cd player :)

8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i was debating between the 2 sets, and the black/gray just seem to stand out alot less.
    curious, what's better about the yellow ones? they have a higher rating of hearing proctection, right? not much more though. i guess for lawncare, they'd be equally protective.

9. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

go to radioshack they have a digital pair for around 30$ buy the extended warranty for 10 bucks and they replace them no matter what happens to them. I've been using them for about 4 years now and never had any problems with them.

10. GreenthumbGA

GreenthumbGA LawnSite Member

what about ones that you can download mp3's or something like that ......We do not have very entertaining stations around here.