Dillon's Lawn Care Photo Thread!!!!! LOTS OF PHOTOS!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DillonsLawnCare, Mar 22, 2010.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

You sure go through Z's like water man.
    I have seen a Toro Z, Great Dane Z, and Scag Z so far.
    Not happy with any of them??

2. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I found it on craigslist!!!!!!

I plan on going to Belmont. I'm graduating early as well. I will most likely keep my business through college, as it is extremely well paying. No other job is like it. I've always though about how I'm going to be able to handle the business and college, but I'm sure it's possible. Even if I have to keep all of my well paying accounts, which I planned on doing anyway. But yeah man, cool stuff. Definitely keep me in mind. I see you live in Franklin. Maybe we can toss each other some business. I look forward to talking to you again! Thanks!!!:usflag::waving:
    Well, I've actually only gone through 2 ZTR's. The Toro had major cutting issues. The Great Dane was a loaner that the dealer gave me while the Toro was in the shop. The Scag is what I currently have. Paid cash for it and I don't plan on getting rid of it ANYTIME soon. Outstanding mower!!!

Thanks!!!:waving::drinkup:

3. LawnboyTim

LawnboyTim LawnSite Member

Very nice set-up man, lovin' the Scags!! Sweet deal on that F150 too:drinkup:

4. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

No problem man, what are you planning on going for?

As for keeping the business running while in school, one thing that saved my hide (and my GPA) was putting my yards on rotation, half one week and half the next, and setting up my class schedule so that I can get home at a decent time to get a few yards done on Friday afternoon so that I have a time buffer on Saturday that I can do homework, take my girlfriend out, do maintenance, spend time with my family, allow for breakdowns, and so on. Now since Belmont is a bit closer than Western Kentucky University (where I go) you don't have to deal with an hour and a half trip like I do, you will have a bit more time to get jobs done. Plus since you are running equipment with more production capacity than I do so that helps you to be able to handle more yards in a day thus a larger roster. I would still trim your list down to your best payers, you can never forget SCHOOL COMES FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Period. I had a talk with my people at the start of last season and let them know I'll still be there but school will always be my first priority.

As for tossing business your way, no problem. I'm at five now (my highest payers from past seasons) and if I get anymore calls I will only take on another one to three yards and any more than that I'll refer you to them and depending on what they say I'll pm you the information, you have my word on that. I would try to hit up the Mckay's Mill sub-division to get your name in the area.

If you get any in Franklin, keep it for yourself. I'm about at max capacity for my schedule and I'm not going to be in it that much longer, get your name out.

5. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Looks great keep it up

6. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Dillon, I have a toro similar to the one you had and am experiencing some cut issues with it. It is the turbo force 48" and clogs bad when cutting through weed mixtures and moist grass. Also no matter what the deck is filled with crap by the time I;m done my first lawn. Also the cut grass is pushed over and makes dead spots over time killing parts of the yard.

Is that what you've experienced with your toro and does your scag do a lot better?? Because I ready to put an end to the madness and buy a scag finally.

7. DillonsLawnCare

Thanks man!!:waving:
    I'm probably going to go in for some sort of business/ marketing or music. yeah, staying close should be helpful when maintaining the business. I couldn't imagine having to drive a couple of hours just to cut some grass! I haven't heard of Mckay's hill, but I'll google it and find out where it is. Thanks bro!! Talk to you soon!
    Thank you!!
    I had very similar issues with mine. My Toro had the 7-Gauge deck. The Turbo Force deck was much better, IMO. Go demo a Scag! You have different grass than we do up here in Tennessee. I know a buddy of mine lives in extreme southern Georgia, and he has a scag and it runs and cuts like a striped ape!! You should definitely see if you can demo one for a day. Best of luck!

Thanks!:waving:

8. DillonsLawnCare

1100th post...... just had to do it.

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i dont think you could get many more different angles on the same mowers etc, wow. and i now feel like i have spent time in yuour garage from so many detailed pics right down to every tool you have!!! i know , i am poking fun at you, by not trying to be mean, just find it funny!

10. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

Nice stuff, I remember reading about the toro problems, scag is a good choice. I'm also about to pull the trigger on an '05 f-150 extended cab black with all the goodies !