Dimension .125G in NJ in July

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Ticolawnllc, Jan 15, 2013.

1. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Aerate and seed in late August early September. Spray weeds late October early November.
    Look in fall of 2013 rutgers has a lot of good turf classes.

2. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

In the spring I use speed zone or surge for broad leaf. Than I use q4plus and then spot treat

3. Ticolawnllc

from Wall NJ

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Jc is right. If you spray weeds in the fall you will have almost no problems in the spring (except new customers). Perhaps follow up with a June weed control to reduce the summer weeds like: spurge, purslane, nutsedge, and perennials like ground ivy, violets and clover. This sounds a bit like the dealer devised this program at Lesco/JDL. If you don't really have so many cinchbugs--stay with Merit or Merit with fertilizer in July.
    Fertilizer will not normally hurt new seed--no worries.

5. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

keep in mind allectus has half the imidicloprid in it.
    whu not use a straight app of fert and bifentherin?
    still dont see why your going out in july with a pre emergent i would use a post emergent for breakthru

6. Ticolawnllc

from Wall NJ

I was thinking of puting down my first dimension later if we had a cold snap the same as last year.

7. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I don't know may is late and I'm in MA, July I'm spraying post emergent every day, so dimension has to be before you are able to spray plants
    Posted via Mobile Device