Dimension 2EW $$$$

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 420deere, Feb 26, 2008.

1. 420deere

420deere LawnSite Member

I have been reading the label for Dimensiion, wanting to replace Atrazine. Today I asked a local supplier to check it out for me. I was told that 2.5 gals was $500. I then looked on Lesco and saw that 2 X 2.5's was $1700.

Are some of you guys using this? The Artazine plugs my screens, but I will continue to use it.

Any other products for South Georgia?

Yes I did jump through all the hoops and I'm legal.

Thanks,

420 Deere

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I personally don't look at the cost/jug or cost/bag on anything!

You have to look at your cost/K. That is really all that matters.

I don't use this product but just thought I would point that out!

Also...your suppliers price is for "1 jug" and comparing to Lesco which is "2 jugs". Sounds like they are still alot higher ($700) which doesn't sound right, but we have these discussions on here all the time.

Just depends on where you are at...and how much you buy to get a "good price" from Lesco.

3. Jerry Andersen

Jerry Andersen LawnSite Member

I check 1 place today & was told $250.00 a gal. $135 for the water soluble packs 8 in a pack

4. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Comparing Atrazine to Dimension is like comparing Liver Loaf to Filet Mignon, as far as a Pre-emergent goes. If you are using Atrazine for a crabgrass pre-emerg, you really need to check around because there are so many things out there that will give you better longevity,less volatility,better for the environment and just better overall results. In some cases you have to not worry about price so much and worry more about making your business and life a little easier. Check with your local supplier whether it be Lesco or some other provider. You will almost always get a better price quote in person than you will from the web site....good luck.

5. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

i think what your looking at is the new dimensiion thats water base not oil base price EC its about half the price looking at lescos web site the price you will pay will be about half what the web site says its a list price
    hey i got a 435
    Charles Cue

6. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Where did you get the price i was quoted 250 for 16 packs but it generic payed 311 for 2.5 last year
    Charles Cue

7. Jerry Andersen

Jerry Andersen LawnSite Member

I am going to have to check tomorrow i thought he said per gal. but maybe he talking about per 2.5 gal jug

8. mnturfmaster

mnturfmaster LawnSite Member

Last year i paid $710 for a 2.5 gal. jug of dimension 2EW. Jerry, they may have told you a gallon price. Sometimes my supplier will give me a gallon price even though it comes in a 2.5 gal. container. We will be looking at using prodiamine (barricade) this year. It is about half the price of dimension.

9. 420deere

420deere LawnSite Member

This is the kind of help I need. I know there must be better products out there and I will find them. In a small town we just don't have many suppliers in the lawn care business, mostly Ag.

Hey Charles Cue, good to hear about the 435, I hope you get to use it often. I only have 20 acres so I usually plow most of my neighbors gardens and mow some patches for others.

I have my spray rig mounted on a "420 Lawn and Garden" tractor, which is doing OK for now.

Again, Thanks for the advice.

420 Deere

10. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

The thing you have to keep in mind on Dimension is that the label rate on the 2EW is in pt/acre while the EC is in qt/acre.