1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

    Dismiss Notice

Dimension and 2" snow on Thursday

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dlandscaping, Apr 9, 2007.

  1. dlandscaping

    dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass
    Posts: 835

    Dimension .10% granular application
    Would you advise applying tomorrow when it will get to the low 30's on thursday with 2" of snow expected, or wait until Friday when it melts off. I was going to apply a week ago but I waited until my license finally came.
  2. TLS

    TLS LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 7,937

    Time wise, down here in PA, we're still safe. So I'd like to assume your at least a week or two behind us up in MASS. You could go either way.

    With Dimension, you get a larger window.

    I assume you'll be splitting apps with the .10%?
  3. grassguy_

    grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio
    Posts: 633

    assuming the usual 1 inch snowfall is equal to 1/10th in rainfall totals, your application should work fine applying the dimension,. Especially when the slow release of moisture into the soil would promote a better breakdown into the soil as opposed to a downpour of rain running to a ditchline. IMO
  4. 1turfguy

    1turfguy LawnSite Member
    from ma
    Posts: 31

    with nighttime temps only in the mid 20's i holding off on mine till next week
    dlandscaping.. it won't hurt to put it down...don't think its gonna help either:dizzy:

Share This Page