Dimension EC

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turf hokie, Jun 23, 2007.

1. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Anybody use Dimension EC as primarily post-emergent this time of year as opposed to Acclaim or others? And what kind of results did you get?

I have tried it selectively with good results but I am looking to use it exclusively in the next 2 weeks before the crab gets to big along edges so that we get post and another shot of pre-emergent for the summer germination period.

Keep in mind NY wont let us use Drive or Q4. And acclaim is expensive.

Thanks
    Bryan

2. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Can't say as I have used it. And you're right, acclaim is expensive. It works okay, still would like to try something else. Only issue I have had with acclaim, if just spot spraying for crab, those areas seem to really slow off in growth compared to the rest of the turf. This is on irrigated turf as well as non irrigated. I may have to give it a try.

3. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Jrc,

I do not use dimension as Post. Acclaim as Post, Dimension as Pre.

Acclaim label says grass seedlings 9-12Months will slow initially but rapidly catch up.

4. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Bryan,

I have a customer (you know him) who uses Dimension EC with a really low rate of Acclaim for post. He swears by the results. Remember Tommy who worked for me in WP? He's given up using a pre all together. He spring seeds using straight fert on all his lawn. By the time his seed is all up & mown the crabs are up so he uses the "cocktail".

I like his approach because the expense better matches natural cash flow. Plus he's never behind the eight-ball on time....and we do have Drive in CT ($60/acre).

5. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

tremor, that sounds like something i may try one day.

The label here says:
    CAUTION: DO NOT tank mix ACCLAIM SUPER with any other
    herbicide or other pesticide.

6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I was told that Dimension is not very effective once crabgrass is mature (2nd or 3rd tiller), so we don't use it this time of year. We use Drive -- seems to work best on mature crabgrass.

7. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

We cant use drive. But we stopped using dimension as a post around July 4. We do mix acclaim and eliminate together for our curbs and edges to save a second trip around the property to get the edges the perma cant.

8. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Sure would be nice to have drive registered in NY.