Dimension grass seed?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by A72CUTLAS, Mar 26, 2007.

1. A72CUTLAS

A72CUTLAS LawnSite Member

I went to HD this weekend to purchase some Lesco Dimension, but the Lawn/garden expert there was telling me that Dimension is a grass seed not a weed killer. Was he nutty? Or is there 2 types of Dimension? Thanks for helping a newb.

2. okgrassguy

okgrassguy LawnSite Member

You asked someone at HD thats was mistake #1 Dimension is a pre emergent that prevents seed from germinating.

3. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

"the Lawn/garden expert there was telling me that Dimension is a grass seed not a weed killer"
    Yes this "expert" is nutty and should probably get back to the window section where he/ she belongs. Do yourself and your lawn a favor and look up the nearest Lesco......

4. mnturfmaster

mnturfmaster LawnSite Member

home depot = Dumb people

5. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't go that far because I did work at HD at one time and in no way consider myself dumb (unless I pulled a fast one on the University of Arizona). I just think they (sales rep) should stick to what they know best and not mislead the customers. Just my $.02...........:rolleyes:

6. A72CUTLAS

Thanks for the confirmation, it didn't sound right to me. I have another question and probably should start a fresh thread, but I bought some Scott's Halt while there(was intending to get the Lesco's w/Potash but I have a Koi pond and the label advised against using it near fish). Anyway, when I bought it the weather was dry but since it's rained 2 days straight. How soon after the rain can I put down weed killer/Pre-em? The label says the grass should be dry, but remains effective if it storms after app. If this is the case why does it have to be dry when you first apply it?
    Just another n00b question.:confused: Thanks for your patience.

7. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

See the other thread you started, I answered your question there.

8. A72CUTLAS

Thnx.... thought I'd do both, as my grass is starting to green up.