dimension herbicide

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by thom, Jan 17, 2012.

1. thom

thom LawnSite Member

2. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Dimension is absolutely available in granular, in several forms. There will be many more than 3 different labels for dimension.

In this case the letters absolutley mean something, not JDL specific, 0-0-7 is the analysis of the FERTILIZER in the bag, just because there is no Nitrogen does not exempt it from being a fertilizer. Look at the label it will say Dimension + fertilizer.

In this case the potassium is the carrier for the dimension, but still a fertilizer. This is what most JDL reps will refer to as "straight granular" even tho it does contain a potassium carrier.

3. CL&T

CL&T LawnSite Senior Member

Yup, there it is and right you are. Thanks JDL for making it so easy to locate products. :dizzy:

4. turf hokie

I dont even bother with the JDL site. If I dont have the info in the office, I call down to the store and have them to get the info I need.

I dont have time for where is waldo

5. CL&T

CL&T LawnSite Senior Member

Before it was so easy to browse what the store had in stock and find what you want. By the stock levels you could see what everybody is using.

6. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

Haha, yep. Turf Dawg is right, I misspoke. Deminsion can def. be in granular form.

7. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Spend the extra $2.00 a bag and get the 19 0 0 deminsion, its worth it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. turf hokie

I dont care what everybody else is using.... they usually are wrong....or just using what the store is pushing/stocking. I rarely use what they have on the shelf and have them bring in what I want.

9. Ferris68

Ferris68 LawnSite Member

the .10% is the active ingredient. A full rate application is equal to .2% They sell formulations of both. If you buy the .10% then you will need to do two applications for season long control. The .2 is a single application. You will need to decide which works best for the program you are using.

10. Ferris68

Ferris68 LawnSite Member

I actually spray dimension as a split application. The first round I mix with a selective broadleaf herbicide with no fertilizer. I spray the second application after the initial green starting in May with about a 1lb. N per 1000. I have found this saves a ton of time for my mowing crews.