Dimension/Lifeguard only for boom sprayers???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by loser135, Jun 28, 2006.

1. loser135

loser135 LawnSite Member
    from TN

I have a snowballing problem with a new client. I'm in the transition zone and sprayed a new lawn for the first time this year. It was seeded and strawed last fall on a clay hardpan and I informed the customer that the lawn would look worse before it got better as a result of the wheat straw dying out but after the lawn was sprayed, exactly what I told him would happen has happened but he is convinced it is all our fault. He has since filed a complaint with the Department of Agriculture. The ag inspector looked at our records about a week ago and initially concluded that we were not at fault. However, he returned this a.m. and cited my tech for using pesticides inconsistent with labeling. The citation reads: "Label prohibits use of boomless equipment"... On the Lifeguard WSP label, the paragraph on Application Equipment and Instructions states: Apply this product through conventional liquid application equipment in a sufficient volume of carrier solution to provide a uniform spray distribution. DO NOT apply this product through liquid application equipment that uses cluster spray nozzles or other boomless spray equipment due to variability in application rates and spray patterns. Dimension label is the same word for word.

What is a cluster nozzle??? This looks like I am in the wrong. We use chemlawn guns with lesco shower nozzles @ 2 gal/minute which should constitute sufficient spray volume but I obviously don't use a boom. Dow reps been very helpful and working on answers but everyone I've talked to at a loss so far. If I am in the wrong, virtually every spray company I know is in the wrong. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

2. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

A cluster nozzle is a single nozzle that puts out from a 5 to 35 or more foot pattern depending on type, size,pressure,ect. I sometimes use one when I spray very hilly pasture land instead of my 30 boom.