Dimension & Momentum + Rain

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by zinkjo, Apr 30, 2005.

1. zinkjo

zinkjo LawnSite Member

I put down dimension & momentum yesterday afternoon and then it rained this morning. Will the momentum still have a chance of killing the chickweed?
  2. turfmann

turfmann LawnSite Platinum Member
    from PRM

Chickweed is on the dimension label preemergently if memory serves, so if it hasn't germinated in NJ you're all set. The momentum will be restricted in its efficacy with the rainfall - downpour, all gone, drizzle, well, we'll see.

Gotta watch the forecast, you know. $$$ at stake.
  3. zinkjo

zinkjo LawnSite Member

Unfortunately, the chickweed and dandelions are in full bloom. Should I put down another application of momentum immediately or wait for a week or 2?
  4. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Momentum should be rainfast within 4 hours. I do not stop spraying triplett until it starts raining. I might have to redo one lawn then. I would wait before respraying. Just see what the results are.
  5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

6. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

go to lesco and get some sticker
  7. zinkjo

zinkjo LawnSite Member

I didn't use any sticker when I put it out. How fast should I see the results with momentum? Sorry for all the questions, but never used the product before.
  8. zinkjo

zinkjo LawnSite Member

One more thing to mention...the 3 lawns I did on Friday are new customers and I want to make sure they are impressed with my fertilizer plan so I get the repeat business next year.
  9. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Sounds to me like you are doing "weed control" not fertilizer...... :cool2:

I could be mistaken if you are applying both in a combo application ?
  10. zinkjo

zinkjo LawnSite Member

Actually doing both with this treatment. Dimension is 19-0-6, which should give the needed nitrogen. Momentum was for the broad leaf weed control. My primary question is will the momentum be effective enough if it got wet after less than 10 hours.