1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dimension or Pre-M

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jackelope68, Mar 3, 2004.

1. jackelope68

jackelope68 LawnSite Member

Im trying to decide if I want to switch from Pre-M to Dimension for my first application (end of March Begining of April) I am in SW Ohio with mostly a blend of fescue and bluegrass. Is dimension worth the extra money for just the pre-emergent capabilities. Does it last any longer???? Are you getting fewer call backs????. I know dimension has post emergent capabilities for crab grass and I'm using it for some of my customers when i apply a little later in the season. Just thought I'd Throw this out because I'm heading to Lesco in a few days. Dimension is running about $4 higher per bag. Thanks for any advice,,,,Dan
  2. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

Both products are similar in how long they last and number of weeds controlled. The big difference is Pre-M can have staining issues and Dimension offers a longer window of application without staining.

In Cincinnati I would recommend a split application of whichever product you choose.
  3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Pre-M does a little better job on Broadleaf weeds.
    Dimension doesn't stain.

Little known fact: Both offer some very early post-emergent crabgrass control. But Dimension was introduced later & needed a niche.

University studyies confirm they are statistically equal at controlling crabgrass. All the rest is spin.
  4. heybruck34

heybruck34 LawnSite Senior Member

I like Dimension. Did a bag of Pre-M for my friend and now have yellow shoes and socks. From what I have heard and read most people here in the South like Dimension more. Is it worth the extra 4 bucks? your call. I think it is.
  5. MN Wildwood

MN Wildwood LawnSite Member

I would recommend Dimension, I have not had a single call back and have received great protection. In my mind it is well worth the additional cost and it doesn't hurt to tell your customers that is the reason if your price is a little higher.