1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dimension Pre-emergent

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MikeD520, Mar 14, 2007.

1. MikeD520

MikeD520 LawnSite Member

What are your opinions on the results of Dimension EW2 versus the results granular Dimension? Results vs. cost...is it economical?
  2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've never used the EW2, but was just talking with my rep about it from Lesco yesterday.

They quoted me a price where it's going to be a cost of about $11 / 15k sq ft to spray.

Before I was running a 19-0-6, .10% Dimension, which was a cost of $12.50 / 15k sq ft.

I'm going to switch to a 10-0-20, 10% iron for my first round of fertilizer, which my be able to help me drop one round of fertilizer (I'm border line 3 or 4 apps, I'm far enough north in MN, we just don't get the growing season, especially with a decent late fall fertilizing).

I'm looking at this, to get rid of the large amount of top growth on the grass, especially in the spring with trying to get mowing in as well, when it's raining every other day it seems.

Anyways, if I CAN drop the one round of fert, then it's the same price, while putting down less product. My goal is to put down the fert first, right away in the spring when temps are still 45-50 degrees. Then when the crabgrass hits, the dandelions will be getting some N as well, so everything should be growing well enough that the broadleaf will work more effectively as well..... at least this is what the Lesco rep says he's got a couple of guys doing now.
  3. MikeD520

MikeD520 LawnSite Member

That's a good approach. Our rep wants us to use two applications of Dimension .15 13-2-5, since crabgrass has been such a problem in our area. I need to calculate how much less N this program will be providing.