Dimension prices seem high?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grahambino2001, Dec 29, 2010.

1. grahambino2001

grahambino2001 LawnSite Member

Just got quoted $27 a bag for 19-0-6 dimension. $22 for 24-0-11. Checked with both of my closest dealers and got the same price. This was for 3 pallets. Does this seem high to you guys?

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

WAY high. WAY, WAY high. I would hope you would be closer to $20/bag or less for the Lesco w/ Dimension product.

3. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Hold onto your seat, raw material costs are on the rise due to global demand.

4. grahambino2001

Yeah thats what i think also. I dont think I can compete at that cost. They offered me no discount until I get a truck load. I may try another company other than Lesco. Not many in my area though.

5. grahambino2001

Just talked to Agrium. A bit farther away, but $10 less a bag. Do you guys like Agriums products.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

grahambino - talk to americanlawn on here about Agrium's products. He likes em.

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Good point DA -- not only is Agrium a lawnsite sponsor, they are Nationwide and are very competitive regarding price/quality. My Agrium rep is currently in Phoneix cuz he attended the Insight Bowl last night where the unranked IOWA HAWKEYES beat #12 missouri. :laugh:

My Agrium rep can get "anybody" in touch with their "local" Agrium rep. Doesn't matter what part of the Country. Doesn't matter if you order one ton or 200 tons. Tell Jeff (515) 201-4718 I referred you. (American Lawn Care) It pays to shop. I have referred several Lawnsite members to Agrium, and they all are very happy. My 2 cents. :usflag:

8. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

If your getting better prices try going back to lesco with a quote. Corporate sets the price the stores in each market sells for but the managers will lower it to get the sale. Also a big tip, if u are dealing with a larger/busier lesco try one of the smaller slow locations, they'll be willing to work hard for a 3 pallet a rnd customer
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

16.00 for .10

10. sweetjetskier

sweetjetskier LawnSite Senior Member

And another one is brainwashed :)
    Posted via Mobile Device