Dimensions of 66" super Z?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Shady Brook, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I don't think the Huslter site is correct. Could anyone tell me how long the 66" unit is? I am trying to figure out how much larger it is in relation to the new 60" which I think is about 82" long.

Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The only measurement I have is what we have in our spec sheet, which is 79".
    I do not have one here at my home to measure, so that is all I can give you right now.

Pj

3. Shady Brook

from Indiana

PJ

Yeah, there is no way as I have measured a 60" at 82". It has to be bigger. Can you tell me have there been any other reports on the 66" streaking or having other problems. I am ready to order the beast tomarow and was leaning toward the 66. I now read where a fellow is having the same problem with the 66, this is the first I have heard of it.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The only report I have heard of is on this forum.
    And if you have a streaking issues with your new mower, we will take care of it.
    As we are going to take care of anyone having this issue.

Pj

5. Shady Brook

from Indiana

You guys do a great job PJ!

Is there any possibility that the new baffle will adversely effect the decks performance in other conditions? I wondered if the changed airflow will be detrimental to the way the deck discharges clippings, or if it would need to be removed when grass conditions change?

6. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I will put this on the Hustler forum also, I measured my 28/66" XR-7 with the flex forks amd it measures 85" from the end of the flex fork to the rear of the frame where the Hustler name is cut in.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

From what I hear, no it wont, but it is simple bolt in part, and easily removed and installed from what I have seen.
    In fact, some have said it makes the deck discharge even better and no streaking!!

Pj