Ding trencher question

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by leoslayer, Sep 2, 2010.

1. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

You only charge a dollar more per foot to compact, grade, seed and straw?

2. rlpsystems

rlpsystems LawnSite Senior Member

Yes. It actually works out great. Get seed at a great price, straw is cheap if its a rainy season and we get three cuttings. The main thing is back fill and compaction. And thats when you work for your dollar. Also straw on a whole can be bought at a reasonable price.

3. rlpsystems

And "per foot", it adds up.

4. irritation

I usually plow but when I have trenched, compaction, grading, seeding etc. Were the most time consuming.

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i made a backfill blade and a compaction wheel for my barreto

6. irritation

I love burritos, I need a compaction device so I can eat more.:)

7. rlpsystems

I make/eat burritos every morning and night. No joke. Get fresh salsa roho from the Red Door Mexico. Little eggs, sharp cheddar, a little adobo seasoning. To good to be true. OK. Work like 'em. Eat like 'em........

8. leoslayer

leoslayer LawnSite Member

i am doing this job for free it is for a friend. i know i can rent a dingo ill see if the ditch witch is available

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

this was a real letdown; if you're doing it gratis, why the concern about the production?

if you're staying with friends, he buys all of the beer and she looks good and cooks great.......4 feet per hour:waving:

10. leoslayer

leoslayer LawnSite Member

well because she is renting the equipment. i am only going to be out there for 4 days. she is on a tight budget and i dont want her paying for more than a days rental. she has a john deere 110 with back hoe on her property but i dont want to fill in that much area with gravel it will spike the stone price a lot. i want to try and do this in a day. that is if she has some stuff done before i get there. she is a civil eng so she knows what to do just not how to put in ground.