Dingo 525 vs. Bobcat MT55

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Summit L & D, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I like the fact that the dingo has the optional ride plate... gives me the choice of walking or riding.
  2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

demo a dingo with the wide track...believe it or not it is hands down better on turf that the narrow...and any of the others machines I have tested. Altough at the time I only tested the bobcat and the ditchwitch.

I have the 425...525 wasn't out yet:cry::cry::cry: The only diesels available are were the wheeled models. We do a lot of mulch in the spring on existing landscapes/turf and I kid you not after a day sometimes two (depending on conditions) you would even know we where there.

It has got plenty of power. We have the cultivator, high torque auger w/bits & cement mixer, 3in1 tool, dozer blade, light material & standard buckets, and the forks. I've estimated with me on the machine its equivalent to 3 laborers. The greatest part about it is the controls...absolutely simple and easy to use...which helps if you have employees. ANYONE can learn to use the machine and be semi-efficient with it after about an hour of using it.
  3. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

Another Ditch Witch SK user here.... I can't imagine not having a decent operator platform; being able to ride allows you to go much faster at a lot of things. The M55s that I've seen had a dopey wheeled platform; seems very bad for rough terrain.
  4. Summit L & D

Summit L & D LawnSite Senior Member

After having run the MT55 for the past week now, I can say, hands down, that I love the hand controls.

I like the way that the platform hinges, but it is a pain to take on and off when you are working in loose soil. I will be trying the MT52 next week. We'll see how that one handles.
  5. moo900

moo900 LawnSite Member

Drive forward while at the same time raise the loader arm and curl the bucket. Let me know what happens.
  6. jrdean62

jrdean62 LawnSite Member

Somebody knows the benefit of the extra hydraulic pump
  7. Forkster

Forkster LawnSite Member

you seem concern a lot about platform and you should know that they are other platform manufacturers than Bobcat, Toro...
  8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Yeah a $500 piece of crap. I just love my platform.... just remember never to back into a tree or you will have to get the grinder out and cut 25% of the platform off so it won't turn into a sod cutter.
  9. CHE3TAH

CHE3TAH LawnSite Member

Please consider a demo of a Ditch Witch SK650.

A few quick things to note during your demo of a SK650 compared to other brands you are considering:

Hinge Pin height: 81"

Power Plant: Kubota Diesel TURBO!

Maintenance: Grease points - zero!

Ground Speed: 4 mph Forward & REVERSE

Operator Platform: Fixed stand on platform

Controls: Pilot operated (Hydraulic charge stroking the pumps, not rods and mechanical mechanisms requiring ongoing maintenance) also results in less fatigue after of full day of operation
  10. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member