Dingo helping me build a walkway

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Grn Mtn, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

This was one of those projects were you don't think you'll actually do the install after the quote, but as it turned out, this was one of the most appreciative, complementary and prompt paying customer ever:clapping:

the project called for a simple walkway wide enough and smooth so a person could safely walk on it with a walker, to include a curb on one side to help hold back the "dirt that just seems to grow".

the 16" slabs from BWS were not in stock so 18" Ledgerock was substituted, and after excavation it was determined that curbing would have to be installed on both sides. a step could not be used because of possible wheelchair use and arching it up wasn't going to work because the gate swinging open and the quick change of slop would also be too difficult for the walker.

This project i did by myself and had no place to put any bulk goods, so everything had to be brought in 1 yard at a time with my truck:cry: But the Dingo was a great worker, never complained once:laugh:

2. Grn Mtn

pictures of the Dingo workin'it

3. dchauling

dchauling LawnSite Member

You know more than 1 block at a time fits in the bucket. JK

I love my dingo!!
  4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We had a job that was similar to that...no place to store materials and to boot the only access to the street was through an underground alley. We wound up getting the neighbors permission to take down their fencing (both sides of the property) and building a little bridge out of 3/4 ply and 6x6 for the dingo to traverse over. We dumped all materials in the street and then moved it into yard through a neighbors yard.

If cost was an issue why didn't they just poor a concrete slab into the entire backyard and not have to worry about any maintenance issues?
  5. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

What are those straps for on the truck? Is that a tarp-like thing attached to the pole going across?

Nice work! I can't wait to get a dingo!
  6. Grn Mtn

:laugh: :laugh:

then i would not have had a job, seriously not sure why, but glad she didn't.

7. Grn Mtn

the load-handler baby:usflag: got a work out on this job, 3 yards crusher, 1 yard sand and 2 yards excavated dirt (2 more still to get)
  8. Grn Mtn

here is a pict of it in action...

9. desii

desii LawnSite Member

They're holding the truck together...LOL. Actually, I think it's one of those manual "quick unloaders" for pick up trucks.
  10. AAXteriors

AAXteriors LawnSite Member

Why didn't you just unload into the Dingo's bucket? Looks great by the way.