dingo or powerhouse

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by CrystalCreek, Jan 22, 2008.

1. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

I am thinking of purchasing a mini skid. I feel that this would open up a little nitch for my business as most properties around hear are small. It would also allow me to take on some bigger jobs that I would either turn down or have to hire help. We don't need to start a tread as to the downsides of employees.

OK hear the questons. Which machein is better. Which machein has more options. Which can do more work. And not to sound cheap but its always a factor, what are their prices.

I am looking for wheeled units with gas engines. Tracks would be to damaging I think!:confused:

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I would not even consider a wheeled machine. Tracks have low ground pressure and do virtually no damage to the turf. The Boxer/power house and the dingo are both great machines... you cannot go wrong w/ either. I prefer the tx425... probably a little bit easier to operate.

3. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i'm not saying anything bad about tracked units but i love my wheeled dingo. i would not trade it foe a tracked unit. i wouldn't mind having a track unit to go with my tire machine but i'll keep my tires.

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

The track machine those less damage on lawns than the wheel machine. that is to start as far as machine Toro dingo tx425 you want a gas machine if you decide to go diesel you can buy Toro dingo tx525 more power than enough to take on any job:drinkup:

5. CrystalCreek

I was thinking about the wheeled unit for several reasons. First is they are smaller in space which will make storing it easier as space is always limited on the homefront. Second, I was under the impression that the tracks do damage the turf, Maybe I'm mislead;). The third reason I like the wheeled units is because they have higher ground speeds and turn faster. I am considering using this machien for snow work also since it has a bucket. Most of my snow accounts are residental. The final reason for the wheeled unit was price. Tracks seem to be two to three thousand more:dizzy:. Keep the post coming as I have not made up my mind.

6. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

For snow removal you better off with the wheel machine you will be turning in hard surfaces. For lawns itÂ’s the wrong machine .:drinkup:

7. AceFinish

AceFinish LawnSite Member

Yes eventually they will do damage if you go back and forth in the same spot ground pressure is less so no. Turning fast tears up the turf is you turn slow and make a three point turn you won't have any problems. Speed is not everything if you don't have a good operator that is how stuff gets @#$^ed up. I like the the vemeer 600stx series myself. Good power, speed and versatlity.

8. CrystalCreek

I like the the vemeer 600stx series myself. Good power, speed and versatlity.[/QUOTE]

I will have to look them up. Is vemeer the manufacturer? What kind of attachments can you get and how are the prices.

Has anyone used the bobcat ms-52. I didn't like this machien up close when I looked at it today, but like I said, I'm open to ideas.

9. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

If you are open to suggestions and have a while to read a good thread then check out this one if you have not already. Plenty of pros and cons for just about every mini out there.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=93903

10. CrystalCreek

great link. I'm not going to get any sleep tonight:sleeping:. That's a lot of reading. Better put on a pot of coffee, maybe two.

Really greatful for the replies, even if my eyes are bloodshot.LOL:laugh::laugh: