1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dingo prices

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by PlatinumLandCon, Jul 5, 2007.

1. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi everyone,
    I've been looking at the dingo's andthey seem like pretty useful tools. What do the different models sell for? I'd be looking at this for next year btw.
  2. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

Don't look at just Toro... Ditchwitch makes a few mini track steers and so does Bobcat.

I have a Ditch Witch sk350 which I use for pulling pipe in the ground (I do irrigation). A very handy little machine.... gets in and out of the smallest spaces; the tracks are very turf friendly...
  3. PlatinumLandCon

I've only done very minimal researh on these things so i just used dingo. what did you pay for your machine?
  4. bobw

Too much :D

I negotiated the price as a combined deal (SK350 and the vibratory plow attachment). The plow is a very pricey attachment, but is the main reason why I own the machine. Call your local dealer and ask. They'll throw a number at ya....
  5. PlatinumLandCon

i'll call a few people tomorrow....what do i have to lose? are they surprisingly pricy?
  6. bobw

I wouldn't say surprisingly pricey.... more like each item seems ok, but by the time you have everything you need to do what you want.. it gets pricey... Think long and hard about what attachments you want with it.... different buckets... pallet forks? auger drive? cement bucket? power broom? etc...

There are a lot of different things available and it really comes down to what you want the machine to do for you...
  7. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I have used every miniskid and most are good machines with limitations - for my use , the Dingo 425 was the best because it has the widest track . As bobw points out , the key is which attachments you will need. They can add 10-20k to the cost of the unit and there aren't many good used attachments available . Then you need to consider the trailer to haul the thing , just over a ton plus the weight of the attachments . I bought a good used Dingo and have added about 15 attachments , then a dual axle miniskid trailer with shelves , racks ,etc . Very effective landscaping setup. But the trailer loaded weighs 7k lbs , which requires at least a three quarter ton truck - I bought a one ton flatbed dually - point is you need to count the cost , because you might be ok to just rent a unit with the attachments you need versus a potential small fortune depending how far you want to go .......
  8. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i looked at everything/demoed everything but the ditchwitch. the dingo beat them all hands down. they now have a diesel dingo which much be awesome. i bought a 425 w/ bucket, harley rake, pallet forks, leveler, auger 2/ bits and I paid somewhere around 27k. I regret everyday not buying one sooner than i did.....
  9. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

My Dingo 220, the cheapest wheeled unit was $10,500. It has been a crew in itself. It has limitations. The tracked diesel dingo is the opposite extreme. Over 20K but supposedly incredible.
  10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I agree w/ Focal Point... buy used. At least for your first one. I also have a Dingo 425 and after renting others it is my favorite as well.