Dingo soil cultivator help

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by xtreem3d, May 12, 2014.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Guys,
    Just bought this and am trying it out before I take it to it's first job. Attached are pics of just on pass...I don't see any body else's leave grooves..you almost can't tell the roller is on there. Also is a pic of the tines. Do these look like the ones you have used.. and finally can you adjust the srng tines down lower?
    Thanks,
    Steve

toro 1.jpg

toro2.jpg

2. xtreem3d

Just looking parts up online the tines look compltetely different and small ?

3. xtreem3d

4. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

Weird, that is the one I bought from that guy in the video. Yeah, your tines are not right. Worn down? Hope that doesn't cost too much to replace.

5. xtreem3d

16 to 18 dollars each..20 total..plus I am going to need to overnight them ..ouch !! does yours work like most the vids ..leaving a nice smooth "grated" look from the roller ?

6. RodneyK

Yeah pretty much. Did a clay based lawn last year. Two passes and it was pretty darn good. It is slow going but effective. I don't get too wrapped up in the roller. Usually do a quick, light final rake before seeding. If you go deep watch out as it will be pretty soft for a long, long time as in weeks until it settles back down. You will leave deep footprints.

7. xtreem3d

Thanks for the advice Rodney...I am laying a new sod backyard so I hope to keep it fairly shallow, probably will fill my roller with water and go over it.
    Steve

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Tines are shot

9. xtreem3d

I ordered a new set of tines today..it's hard to tell in pic but tines don't really overlap each other as they rotate ( leaving the gaps). The serial number indicates it was one of the first units made so maybe they started out with different tines then realized they could do better..I'll know tomorrow when they show up. The new tines have superceeded (sp) the old part number

10. RodneyK

Let me know how it works out and your thoughts after using it.