1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dingo soil cultivator help

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by xtreem3d, May 12, 2014.

1. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

It shouldn't leave that tooth bucket look. I've done a few lawns that were rock hard clay and it fluffed them up like cotton candy.
  2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

I replaced the tines.. My first job using the cultivator will be this Wednesday installing a backyard and side yard. I can't believe they wore down that much. I hope to try it out again before we head off to the job
  3. xtreem3d

Just curious how deep you guys are setting the tines for lawn renovation? I moved the roller down (on the machine, effectively raising the tines) to the second to last hole from the bottom . It's hard to tell but looks like it might till down 2 to 2.5 inches
  4. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

Only as deep as needed to get a good seed bed. It varies. I would say 2-2.5 is good. Much deeper than that and it will take weeks for it to firm back up.
  5. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

Where did you order the tines from? I need to replace mine. Thanks
  6. xtreem3d

7. xtreem3d

Hi guys,
    I have another question about the soil cultivator..you can supposedly adjust the depth from say 2" to 5.5 " I think, by moving the bracket that holds the roller & grader bar on. I don't understand how the depth can change very much because if you keep the unit parallel to the ground ( ie: the skid would be riding along the ground) the tines only extend so far past the skid shoe. in other words it seems like the skid shoes should be the things you would adjust..but they are part of the side plates and not adjustable. If I stand back and look , my tines are about 2.5 " below the units side plates..how can it get deeper?..what am I missing?
    EDIT...see post #1 to see tines below side plates