Dingo video's

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Grn Mtn, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

I just found this file, it was me using the Dingo for the first time. It was a few years ago and I had to rip out lots of shrubs and dig out for the stone wall/patio, bring in tons of gravel and mulch and fit thru a small fence opening. This is where I learned a lot about the Dingo, using the backhoe, its limitations and its possibilities.

The first one is me holding the camera while moving the backhoe arm with one hand.

The second one is me moving some material thru the fence but the bucket had to be lifted up and over so it would fit.

The third is me taking a video as I am walking down the path to the bird watching bench. All the plants are in (I made a meadow) but some mulch still needs to be put it.

Attached Files:

2. Grn Mtn

Ahh, I just found two more.

The first one is me moving soil from the staging area over a make-shift bridge I built out of scrap 8x8's and plywood.

The second is me and a helper shoveling the dirt up to the second planting tier. The turf friendly tracks on the tx420 did not have enough bite to make it up the hill so this was the best it would do. Eventually we had to move the rest with 5 gallon buckets:eek:

It was a neat project though, I rented a 26' Ryder Truck and loaded it up with 2 pallets of BlackDiamond mulch, 300 plants and the Dingo. Than drove it down to Keuka lake. It rained everyday that I had scheduled to work on the project. :realmad:

Attached Files:

3. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

thats kool that must have sucked raining all the time i hate the rain. thats inly ine dingo right? if it is thats awesome i read everything and thats one nice project.

4. Grn Mtn

ahh, need help with this one, what were you trying to say that the fingers didn't co-operate on?

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I'm going to guess he was asking if it "was only one dingo" :dizzy:

Nope. The first was a wheeled stand-on and the 2nd was a track walkbehind.

Iv'e got to run a tracked walkbehind before. Really a neat little machine once you get fimiliar with it. It's not going to move mountians but it sure will sneak into about anywhere. We used one to load several trailer loads of topsoil from a old pile and it worked very well. It's made just so that you can heap full the bucket and it's just balanced. We also had a landscape rake which worked nice, but I still wish it had been a harley rake.

6. Grn Mtn

Thanks for the decode, and yes it was two different jobs, two different Dingo's.

7. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry about that i should have took my time im sorry for all the confusion.

8. Grn Mtn

Don't be sorry, thanks for the comments, usually I can decipher but for some reason today it just wasn't in the cards.

9. Grn Mtn

No video this time, just illustrating how I moved 12 yards of soil by myself, and its final result.

burm_comparison.jpg

10. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i'll add some pics in a day or so... don't have many (i'm not a pic person), but i do have some with the sod roll layer being used...