Dingo?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Harry0, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Harry0

Harry0 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Would the Dingo be the best mini steer for established turf?
    Should I get the tracks?
    Another landscaper had a Kanga and it looked like it was rocking and rolling. I read the various threads on minis but need some more confirmations before I lay out that kind of $$$$. I have 2 Gehl skid loaders but need somthing for tight areas. Thanks in advance.
    Harry

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

I like the Dingo TX425, 3.5 psi with the 9" wide turf friendly tracks. Diesel engines weigh more thus will put more turf tearing psi down so you might want to go with the gasser.

The Vermeer I plan on Demoing this summer, but it looks very promising, and I believe you can change the treads to something more aggressive or narrower if need be, check out the sponsored thread, Jon is very helpful.

I've used both tires and tracks and I prefer the tracks--more stable, nicer on the grass, and you can drive over trench lines.

3. Harry0

Harry0 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Grn mtn-thanks for response. Will the 9 inch tracks leave less rubber on concrete than wheels? I need to run mulch along concrete walks.
    Harry

4. Grn Mtn

I haven't spent much time on crete, mostly turf and asphalt. Ask YardPro.

Remember, nothing is good at everything. But if stability and turf damage are key factors-the wide tracks are the only way to go.

5. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

HARRY0 I sent you a pm

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

harry.

either will leave rubber on concrete.
    the tracks will dissappear in a few weeks.
    if i am in a situation where i cannot leave tracks on the concrete, then i spread some dirt over the concrete first. then i will not leave any tracks.

7. Harry0

Harry0 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Leaning towards the 9 inch tracks will keep you posted when deal is made. I tend to drag my feet.
    Harry

8. Grn Mtn

That's A Good Tip!

9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i learned it by accident.
    i was hualing dirt across a driveway and noticed that i could turn better, etc.
    then when the job was over we blew off the drive, and not tracks......
    then the light bulb over my head lit up

10. freddy123252

freddy123252 LawnSite Member

a dingo with tires will tear up the turf but one with tracks wont do too much damage