Diquat for Poa Annua

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mcambrose, Mar 14, 2005.

1. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone had success using diquat on Poa Annua? I have spayed some and it looks like it is dying, but I may not know for a week or two. I was going to use some more if others knew it was successful. I am planning on using Revolver to get the fescue and bluegrass, but Diquat is so much cheaper, I wanted to use it on Poa Annua.
  2. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Why not just use glyphosate? The warm season turf is dormant right now, for the most part.
  3. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

During the past month, I have used Glyphosate mixed with Scythe on poa/fescue in the dormant bermuda. It gives you a burndown similar to diquat. However that window has just about closed because some of the lawns are starting to produce shoot growth near the soil level. We had temps in the 70s the last two days. I'd be careful with diquat right now.

Revolver only on Zoysia as Glyphosate is not labeled for that turf. Some of the Zeon Zoysia lawns have actually never looked completely dormant this year.